POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVBench - testing disk I/O : POVBench - testing disk I/O Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  POVBench - testing disk I/O
From: Reuben Pearse
Date: 13 Apr 2004 04:45:00
Message: <407ba88c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

We have some new Windows 2000 servers and we want to do a "soak test" on
the servers (give the some long processing tasks), to check that they
run OK before using them in a production environment.

Looking at the POVBench site
(http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.php) all the
benchmarks seem to be about CPU performance. Are there any long-running
POV scripts that give the disk a bit of thrashing, as this is the main
thing that I want to test?

--
Reuben
reu### [at] pearsecouk

The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The
best time to love is now.